Thursday, March 08, 2007

Two More Contacting Editors Tips

I heard two editor contacting tips this week. These are the short versions. And it's much better if you do the longer version (two blogs ago) because then you're forced to examine the magazine, which gives your pitch a higher chance of acceptance. But once you know these tips, you may be tempted, (as in the chocolate cake is in the fridge and I just need a teeny slice, no, better not dirty a dish - I'll tackle this with my fork) to take the shortcut.

For magazine contact information: www.hoovers.com

For insider information on magazines: www.bacons.com

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Technorati Tags:, , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Way to go Cynthia! I enjoyed your blog. Great information. And your choice in template is stellar. Check out my similar taste in template at http://wordsogold.blogspot.com/

Love the Blue Lady. :)

Dawn

Write That! said...

Thanks Dawn! I'm glad you liked it. I've enjoyed your Home Forum pieces in the Christian Science Monitor. You've got a great and informative blog.

Dan said...

Another great source for contacting editors is via Cision. They used to be Bacons (based out of Chicago)- look them up, they offer a free email newsletter that can be sent to your in-box that updates recipients with changes in the magazine publishing business. They also have an onlne based subscription to their database. I am a cartoonist and humorous illustrator and have created cartoons for books and magazines. I recommend them to anyone needing information and contacts.